Building Bylaw No. 2003-7
Bylaws related to buildings
The Building Bylaw No. 2003-7 was established to regulate buildings in the city.
- All building permits expire two years after the date of issuance. Building permits may be extended only by applying in writing to the City. Please refer to this bylaw for permit and license fees.
- Every building shall have an address determined by the street abutting the front entrance, and the City shall assign a number for each such address.
- Building owners shall ensure that the building is equipped with proper drainage system.
- Building owners shall ensure that the building signage is placed properly and construction standards for signs and encroachments are followed.
- No person shall occupy a building without an occupancy permit or temporary occupancy permit.
- A demolition permit is required for blasting in the city.
- Sound insulation for new homes near an airport is required.
- Changing facilities for infant children are required in public places.
There are fines in place for individuals and/or corporations who do not comply to the regulations within the bylaw. Fines can reach up to $10,000.
Report a bylaw infraction:
If you know of a bylaw violation and would like to report it, contact Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or using the online service request form.
If an incident involves an immediate threat to person or property, call 911.
This page is an overview of these regulations. Refer to the bylaw for detailed information. The Office of the City Clerk keeps the latest version of each bylaw on file and will provide a copy upon request.