Code of Ethics Bylaw, 2017
Bylaw related to code of ethics
The Code of Ethics Bylaw No. 2017-4 sets out a process for dealing with violations of the code and possible sanctions for members of Council.
- The code of ethics shall apply to all members of Council.
- This code guides members of Council respecting what their obligations are when fulfilling their duties and responsibilities as elected officials.
- Each member of Council shall be responsible for upholding required standards and values set out in the bylaw.
- The City shall appoint an integrity commissioner to undertake the duties and responsibilities assigned for assessing, investigating, adjudicating and reporting the violations of the code of ethics.
- A detailed process for dealing with violations is outlined in the bylaw.
- Certain sanctions are set out in the bylaw for violations of the code of ethics.
- A copy of “Request for Investigation–Complaint Form” is attached to the bylaw in Appendix A.
This page is an overview of these regulations. Refer to the bylaw for detailed information. The Office of the City Clerk keeps the latest version of each bylaw on file and will provide a copy upon request.