Domestic Pigeon Control
Bylaw related to domestic pigeon
The Domestic Pigeon Control Bylaw No. 7640 was established to regulate the ownership of pigeons within city limits.
- A valid permit and compliance with this bylaw are required for any person who wants to keep pigeons within the city.
- A loft shall be available for inspection by the City at any time.
- No person shall keep more than 90 pigeons and no more than 50 of those pigeons shall be over the age of one month.
- Every loft shall provide at least two square feet of floor space for each pigeon over the age of one month.
- No loft shall be built closer than 30 feet from any other premises.
- No person shall permit pigeons to be outside the loft except during supervised exercise or returning from a race or training flight.
There are fines in place for individuals and/or corporations who do not comply to the regulations within the bylaw. Fines can reach up to $500.
Report a bylaw infraction:
If you know of a bylaw violation and would like to report it, contact Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or using the online service request form.
If there is an immediate risk to the safety of people or property, call 911.
This page is an overview of these regulations. Refer to the bylaw for detailed information. The Office of the City Clerk keeps the latest version of each bylaw on file and will provide a copy upon request.