Licensing Bylaw No. 2006-86
Bylaw related to license
The Licensing Bylaw No. 2006-86 was established to regulate businesses and ensure compliance with land use and building regulations.
- A person shall not carry on a resident business unless that business is listed below and has a valid license issued by the City:
- Secondhand dealer
- Coin dealer
- Tow truck service
- A license is required for each premise where a resident business is operated in the city.
- All licenses are required to be renewed annually.
- Applications are required and certain license fees may apply.
- The City’s representative may inspect the resident business’ premise and surrounding lot before granting the license.
- A license is not transferrable from one person to another or from one person’s business premise to another.
- No person shall operate as a secondhand dealer, pawnbroker, coin dealer or provide tow truck service in the city without a license issued.
There are fines in place for individuals and/or corporations who do not comply to the regulations within the bylaw. Fines can reach up to $25,000.
Report a bylaw infraction:
If you know of a bylaw violation and would like to report it, contact Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or using the online service request form.
This page is an overview of these regulations. Refer to the bylaw for detailed information. The Office of the City Clerk keeps the latest version of each bylaw on file and will provide a copy upon request.