Noise Abatement Bylaw No. 6980
Bylaw related to noise
The Noise Abatement Bylaw No. 6980 was established to regulate loud and unnecessary noise.
- No person shall make, continue, cause or permit to be made or continued, any unreasonably loud or excessive noise likely to disturb any reasonable person within the city.
- The use of power tools is prohibited between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. (refer to the bylaw for list of tools).
- No person shall create loud unnecessary noise in the operation of a motor vehicle upon a public street within the city.
- No person shall allow a diesel motor to remain running longer than 15 minutes in any location within 500 feet of a residential zone.
- Animal owners must supervise their pets so they do not cause a nuisance with excessive barking and howling.
- Applications for an exemption can be made under certain circumstances.
There are fines in place for individuals and/or corporations who do not comply to the regulations within the bylaw. Fines can reach up to $5,000.
Report a bylaw infraction:
If you know of a bylaw violation and would like to report it, contact Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or using the online service request form.
If an incident involves an immediate threat to person or property, call 911.
This page is an overview of these regulations. Refer to the bylaw for detailed information. The Office of the City Clerk keeps the latest version of each bylaw on file and will provide a copy upon request.