Property Tax Bylaw No. 2019-23
Bylaw related to property tax
The Regina Property Tax Bylaw No. 2019-23 was established to set the mill rates to be levied on all taxable assessments in the city to raise the money required by the City, the Regina Public Library, and the Regina Downtown and Regina’s Old Warehouse Business Improvement Districts (BIDs).
- Mill rates (also known as tax rates) shall be imposed on all taxable assessments.
- Property tax is calculated by multiplying the assessed, taxable property value by the mill rate and then dividing that sum by 1,000.
- All properties in the city are classified as residential/multi-family residential, commercial/industrial, golf course, resource property and agricultural.
- Taxes collected from taxable properties shall meet the estimated expenditures and transfers. Estimated revenues from other sources shall set out in the budgets of the City and the Regina Public Library.
- All property used or intended to be used for business purposes within business improvement districts shall be taxed to raise the amount required for the requisition of the business improvement districts.
This page is an overview of these regulations. Refer to the bylaw for detailed information. The Office of the City Clerk keeps the latest version of each bylaw on file and will provide a copy upon request.