Image of the City of Regina


Who is responsible for property maintenance?

Property owners are responsible for meeting the requirements of the Community Standards Bylaw.

What happens if my property is in violation of the bylaw?

A Bylaw Enforcement Officer may first issue a written or verbal warning with instructions for correcting the problem. If the problem is not resolved following a warning, the officer may issue a formal Order to Comply, giving you 15 days to rectify the problem.

What happens if I do not comply with an Order?

If you fail to comply with an Order, City crews or contractors will be hired to remedy the problem. Any costs associated with this work will be invoiced back to you. In addition, we may initiate legal action for failing to comply with an Order.

What are my rights as a property owner?

You have the right to appeal an Order to Comply to the Regina Appeals Board. Directions and deadlines for making an appeal are noted on the Order to Comply.

How can I file a complaint about a property?

Complaints can be made to Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or by using the online service request form.

Any personal information you provide is confidential and will not be disclosed to the subject of the complaint.