Waste Management Bylaw 2012-63
Bylaw related to waste management
The Waste Management Bylaw No. 2012-63 was established to regulate the collection and disposal of waste.
- Garbage shall be bagged or bundled in the container.
- Waste shall fit in the container with the container’s lid closed for automated collection.
- Waste shall fit inside the bag with the bag securely tied closed for manual collection areas.
- Garbage should be set out by 7:30 a.m. on your collection day.
- Sharp objects must be packaged in a puncture resistant, non-breakable container with a tight fitting lid before being placed in a container or a plastic garbage bag.
- Access to the garbage collection site must be clear of obstructions.
- All material transported to the landfill must be covered or secured in transit.
- Garbage must not be burned.
- All general medical waste, animal waste, dust particles and powdered materials shall be packaged in securely tied, double plastic garbage bags.
- Hazardous waste, biochemical waste, dead animals, tires, automobile parts, furniture and liquids must not be set out for residential garbage collection.
- Recyclable material shall be unbagged in the container.
- Owners/occupants are responsible for maintaining their property in a tidy condition.
There are fines in place for individuals and/or corporations who do not comply to the regulations within the bylaw. Fines can reach up to $25,000.
Report a bylaw infraction:
If you know of a bylaw violation and would like to report it, contact Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or using the online service request form.
This page is an overview of these regulations. Refer to the bylaw for detailed information. The Office of the City Clerk keeps the latest version of each bylaw on file and will provide a copy upon request.