Temporary Structure Development
You will require a temporary use permit and a building permit if you wish to erect a tent or other temporary shelter as part of a public gathering (example: charitable event, church gathering, summer fair, beer garden or similar type of event.)
It takes at least 10 business days to process and get approvals for the permits to erect a temporary structure, so please submit your application to the Building Department at least 10 days in advance of your event:
- Read and complete both the form found in the Temporary Structure Development Application Package and the Building Permit Application
- Submit your application to request a building permit to the Building Standards Branch (9th Floor, City Hall, 2476 Victoria Avenue PO Box 1790, Regina, SK S4P 3C8)
- Your application will be reviewed for zoning compliance with the Temporary Land Use Regulations in Regina Zoning Bylaw No. 9250.
- Depending on the type of event, your application will then be reviewed by other agencies like Public Works, the Fire Department and the Regina Police Service.
- The Development Officer will make a decision concerning your application.
You will be notified by Building Stanards whether or not your permit has been approved.