Temporary Structure Development
A development permit and a building permit are generally required if you wish to erect a tent or other temporary shelter as part of a public gathering (example: charitable event, church gathering, summer fair, beer garden or similar type of event.)
It is best to apply as early as possible. It takes at least four to six weeks to process and get approvals for the permits to erect a temporary structure.
- Read and complete both the form found in the Temporary Structure Development Application Package and the Building Permit Application
- Submit your application to request a building permit to the Building Standards Branch (9th Floor, City Hall, 2476 Victoria Avenue PO Box 1790, Regina, SK S4P 3C8)
- Your application will be reviewed for zoning compliance with the Temporary Land Use Regulations in Regina Zoning Bylaw No. 9250.
- The application is reviewed for compliance with the National Building Code and National Fire Code.
- The Building Standards Branch and/or Current Planning Branch either denies or approves the application and advises the applicant.
You will be notified by Building Standards whether or not your permit has been approved.