Councillor Joel Murray is sitting for his first term as a member of City Council, representing the residents of Ward 6.
Councillor Joel Murray was born and raised in the heart of Ward 6 Regina. He attended the University of Regina where he studied Business Administration. In 2010 he and his family formed a local insulation business. He spends much of his time assessing building integrity and efficiencies in many of Regina's existing homes.
After being elected in 2016 his primary focus is on safer communities, youth engagement, affordable housing, sustainable development and reconciliation. Councillor Murray brings unique insight and experience to the challenges and opportunities that face youth in Regina.
Civic Boards, Committees & Commissions
- Board of Police Commissioners
- Canadian Association of Police Governance
- Community & Protective Services
- Executive Committee
- Highway No. 39/6 Twinning Interim Board
- Mayor's Housing Commission
- Regina Appeal Board
- Royal United Services Institute: 100 Year Armistice Ball Planning Committee
- Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association-Alternate