Ward 8 - Councillor Mike O'Donnell
Councillor Mike O’Donnell is sitting for his fourth term as a member of Regina City Council, representing the residents of Ward 8.
He is a retired school administrator, sport administrator and teacher. Following his teaching career, Councillor O’Donnell was the Executive Director for the Regina Soccer Association, spearheading soccer’s role in the construction and operation of the Credit Union EventPlex. Councillor O’Donnell’s family includes his wife, Loraine, and their seven children.
He has also been a leader in a number of organizations including Commissioner of Athletics for the Regina High Schools Athletic Association and a high school and community coach for 25 years. Councillor O’Donnell was the Chair of the 2010 Olympic Torch Relay Event in Regina and Chair of the 2011 and 2012 National Infrastructure Summits.
Councillor O’Donnell is serving on the following civic boards, committees and commissions:
- Executive Committee
- Provincial Capital Commission
- Regina Planning Commission
- Regina’s Warehouse Business Improvement District Board
- Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association, Board of Directors
- School Boards/City Council Liaison Committee
- Sherwood-Regina Regional Development Committee