Richard Henry Williams was the founder of The Glasgow House, for many years Regina's major department store. Arriving here in 1882, his first business was a little store on South Railway Street in partnership with Alex Sheppard. In 1910, he built the store later occupied by Simpson's on 11th Avenue. He was the owner of Regina Lumber and Supply Company with a chain of eleven stores. Mayor of Regina from 1891 to 1892 and from 1909 to 1910, R.H. Williams was an Alderman for six years and a member of the Public School Board in 1886.
CORA-RPL-B-0029 1906 City Council RH Williams is sitting in middle row, far left.