What We Offer
Compensation & Benefits
At the City of Regina we offer an attractive total compensation package. In addition to competitive pay, the City provides comprehensive benefits that support employee health & well-being. Highlights include:
- Health Coverage – vision care, pay direct prescription cards, emergency travel benefits, paramedical (massage, chiropractor, acupuncture, etc.)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance – coverage for employees, spouse & dependents
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Health Care Spending Account & Wellness Accounts
- Optional insurances
- Long-term Disability
- Pension Plans - administered by Mobius, please visit Mobius for more information
We also provide:
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Maternity/Parental Leave for up to 12 months (with possibility of extension up to 6 months)
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Statutory Holidays (12), Earned Days Off (EDO’s) and Lieu Days Off (LDO’s)
- 3-6 Weeks’ Vacation
- Flexible Work options (telework, hours of work)
- Work-life balance
- Challenging work
- Opportunity to grow your career with one employer
- Discounted public transit and leisure passes
- Paid Volunteer Day opportunity
Learning & Development
The City of Regina is big enough to accommodate your evolving career interests. We’ll encourage you every step of the way with ongoing training, educational assistance programs and leadership development.
Career Mapping: City employees frame their own path of success. Managers work with employees to understand their career interests through a Career Mapping process that helps them define a plan of action to strengthen their skills.
Tools & Resources: You'll have all the tools and resources you need to get ahead. We have an annual learning calendar that supports employees in further developing their skills and knowledge. We also offer financial assistance to help employees pay for additional professional and post-secondary programs.
Leadership Development: Strong leadership is essential to achieving our ambitious goals and creating the climate to inspire employees to deliver high performance. The City of Regina provides a Leadership Development Program to support leaders in upgrading their skills and strengthening their overall performance in leadership positions.
Recognizing that employees are our greatest resource, the City of Regina’s Reward and Recognition programs are designed to celebrate employee success. Big, small, formal, or informal, we like to acknowledge employees who do a good job, go above and beyond the call of duty and those who achieve excellence.
Corporate Excellence Awards Gala: Held annually, this formal event honours outstanding employee contributions in several categories. Award winners are selected by a committee made up of representatives at all levels and from across the organization.
You Rock Recognition Program: Recognition of good work employees do, is very important in creating a positive work culture. You Rock provides employees with an opportunity to visibly recognize coworkers for the great things happening throughout the organization.
Team Building Program: Team building is the opportunity to build on co-worker relationships, create a sense of team and generate an engaging work environment outside of daily work routine. Funding for team building is allocated on an annual basis with a dollar amount provided per person.
Diversity & Inclusion
Regina is evolving into a more diverse community. As an employer, the City of Regina is committed to ensuring:
- Our workforce reflects the diversity of our community allowing us to better deliver high quality reliable services and provide excellent customer service to the citizens we serve.
- Our workplace is an inclusive environment which improves the culture and effectiveness of our workplace, and enhances employee engagement and retention.
- Employees are educated and value the importance of diversity and inclusion allowing for diverse perspectives, ideas and innovative solutions.
Workplace Health & Safety
Health and safety is a priority at the City of Regina. As a Mission: Zero partner, the organization is dedicated to working toward zero employee injuries, zero fatalities and zero suffering.
Corporate Safety Program: The objective is to identify and eliminate all workplace hazards which will reduce occupational injuries and illness. This can be achieved by having employees at all levels of the organization commit and adhere to the safety management systems, practices and policies. In-house health and safety training courses are also offered to all employees.
Employee Health and Wellness: Keeping employees healthy, productive and at work is important to us. Our Employee Assistance Program provider is a leader in the industry and offers a comprehensive range of services that meet the needs and concerns of the organization, our employees and their family members. We also have a formalized Return to Work Program designed to support employees during their transition back into the workplace following an illness or injury, and to support them in achieving a full recovery.
Psychological Safety and Mental Health: As a municipal leader in psychological safety and mental health, the City of Regina’s Corporate Mental Health Strategy includes various awareness and educational programming aimed at reducing stigma and increasing organizational literacy related to mental health and mental illness.