Image of the City of Regina

Block Party

You need a permit to host a block party on your residential street.


  • When planning your party remember that no liquor is permitted on any portion of City property, including sidewalks, roadways and alleys.
  • Block parties cannot be held on streets with bus routes.
  • If you plan to play amplified music, it must be turned off by 10 p.m.; if you wish to play music longer, contact the Regina Police Service  to arrange for a loud speaker permit.

To apply

To apply for a block party permit, you must:

  1. Apply a minimum of three (3) weeks prior to the requested date of the block party.
  2. Have 2/3 of the residents living on your street sign a petition, provided in the application form, stating they agree to hold a block party.
  3. The completed application can be submitted to the City of Regina Traffic Branch at 1640 11th Avenue, PO Box 1790, Regina, SK S4P 3C8 via mail or drop-in.  Along with the application you must include the petition signed by the residents on your street.
  4. Once your permit is approved, you will be contacted and your approved permit will be available for pick-up at City Hall.  At this time, you will be required to pay for the permit.

Additional information

The permit fee is $30 and it covers the cost for the City to provide, deliver and pick up barricades for your event.

Barricades will be dropped off at your residence the day before the event and picked up the day after the event.

If a barricade is lost or damaged during your block party, you will be charged $35 per barricade.