Image of the City of Regina

Mobile Food Vending Permit

If you wish to sell food from a mobile food vending unit (truck or trailer) on a City street, you need to acquire a permit.


  • Rules and regulations governing the operation of a mobile food vending unit are specified in Schedule K of the Clean Property Bylaw No. 9881.
  • Your mobile food vending unit must be removed from the street each night.

To apply

  1. Complete the Mobile Food Vending permit application form and submit to the Ambassadors Desk, Main Floor, City Hall. Permits are typically processed on a same-day basis, but timing may vary depending on staff availability.
  2. Attach to your application form the additional detailed information required under section 4.0 of Schedule K of the Clean Property Bylaw No. 9881 external link icon, which is detailed on the application form.
  3. Provide the City with payment for the permit.

Fire Safety Compliance

All mobile food vendors, regardless of permit or location of operation, must obtain a Fire Safety Compliance Certificate from Regina’s Office of the Fire Marshal in order to operate within the limits of the City of Regina. Email to book an inspection appointment.

Additional information

The permit for mobile food vending units is an annual permit, valid from the date of issue until December 31st of the year of issue.

For further information regarding this program please contact the City of Regina at 306-777-7000.