Image of the City of Regina

Special Occasion Permit

Written permission from the City of Regina is required before Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA) will issue a permit of licence for an outdoor special event serving alcohol.

Additional information

Special Occasion Permits are required for anyone selling alcohol, or for anyone serving alcohol at an event that is not held in a commercially permitted establishment, a private residence, or another private place. This is true for private, invitation-only events as well as for public events.

To receive your Special Occasion Permit from SLGA you can apply online, or purchase your permit and liquor at any Saskatchewan liquor retailer. For more information on Special Occasion Permits, or to apply visit

To apply

To apply for a permit, you must:

  1. Submit your completed application form and attachments a minimum of 10 business days in advance of the event to ensure adequate time for processing.  Applications received less than ten days prior to the event may not be approved due to short notice.
  2. Once all or the required information has been collected by the City and the application is approved, written notice will be provided to you and SLGA within 14 days.