Image of the City of Regina

Victoria Park

Was originally a two-block public reserve set aside in 1883 which became a popular recreational area and gathering place for families.

 

Even then, the City saw value in this location and took steps to make the downtown more attractive by setting out to beautify the treeless square which became known as Victoria Park in 1907.

 

 

Victoria Park includes a mature canopy of trees, walking paths, lawns for active and passive recreation, perennial beds, historic monuments and sculptures, the Regina Cenotaph, and the Lions’ Club toddler playground.