Image of the City of Regina

1341 Retallack Street FAQ

What is the current zoning of the property?
The property is located in the Residential R4 zone.


What are the permitted uses of the property?
Based on the current Residential zoning, permitted uses include a single detached, semi-detached or duplex dwelling, secondary suite, residential business, supportive living home, community garden or public use.


What if I would like to use the property for a different purpose other than residential, would that be allowed?
The City Real Estate Branch is selling the parcel on an “as is” only basis.  There are no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the fitness of the land for any particular purpose.  The City of Regina’s role as administrator or regulator of subdivision applications, zoning regulations, development approvals and building permits is separate and distinct from, and not to be related in any way with its role as the seller of the subject property.

Should you have questions about the zoning or zoning amendments related to this property, contact 306-777-7000 and ask to be transferred to the Current Planning for specific information on the processes and clarification of zoning.


What are the costs associated with a rezoning or subdivision of this property?
The list of City’s fees related to the Zoning process can be found here or call 306-777-7000 and ask to speak to a representative from Current Planning.


When is the possession date for the sale?
The possession date will be negotiated with the successful proponent.


How much of a deposit is required prior to the purchase? 
A deposit of 25 per cent of your offer must be included with your offer.  If your offer is not successful, your deposit will be returned.  Dependent on the conditions included in the offer, additional staged non-refundable deposits may be required as conditions are met.


Are there any conditions to the sale?
Previous lead service has been decommissioned and lot is currently does not have water service. Developer will be responsible for replacing the water service. The sewer main is original from 1910 and will need to be CCTV during the building permit process to ensure that it meets Development Engineering standards. The developer will be responsible for the installation of a new water and sewer connection. The developer shall enter into a 3-Way Water and Sewer Service Connection Agreement for the installation of the new sewer and/or water services. Please contact Development Services if you have questions regarding this. The successful proponent will be required to execute an agreement prepared by the City Solicitor. Sample agreement for sale


Can I submit an offer to purchase for the property on my own form/agreement?
No, the City requires that all offers be submitted on the City provided Offer Form 1341RS .


Are there any incentives for the creation of affordable housing?
Your proposal to purchase should include the intended use of the property, required zoning and any special conditions in making your offer.  Therefore, you should identify if you are seeking a financial incentive to create affordable housing.  For information related to City programs such as the Housing Incentive Program, you are required to investigate the extent of your eligibility of that program by contacting 306-777-7000 and speaking with a representative of the City of Regina Urban Planning Department.  The Real Estate Branch does not administer, evaluate or promote other City programs in relation to the offering of a City property for sale.


When is my offer considered accepted?
Until a formal agreement is executed by both the City and the person making the offer, the City does not intend to create any contractual relationship (either expressed or implied) or create any other legal duties or obligations with you or any other person making an offer.  You may revoke your offer at any time prior to its acceptance by giving written notice to the City.