Special Event Major and Minor Grants
Special Event Major
The program purpose is to provide funding support to events in the community that are either:
- one time and first time events that celebrate, preserve and enhance Regina’s identity by commemorating notable people, places and events, symbols and anniversaries or;
- local events that promote the values of citizenship and identity on Canada Day, National Aboriginal Day, Remembrance Day and Saint Jean Baptiste Day; or
- Re-occurring events that have an established history of City of Regina service support (e.g., transit services).
Applications will be accepted prior to three deadline dates: January 31, March 30, and August 30, 2018. Applications must be received a minimum of three (3) months prior to the event.
Please Note: The deadlines are dependent on available funds.
Meet with City of Regina Administration before submitting an Application - Any organizations desiring to apply for Special Event Major funding must first meet with a Coordinator in Community Services (listed below), before submitting an application. The discussion with the Coordinator will entail if the organization meets the specific eligibility criteria, or if another CIGP grant is more appropriate for potential funding.
- Culture - Coordinator, Cultural Development, 306-751-4214
- Social Development - Coordinator, Social Inclusion, 306-777-7563
- Sport & Recreation - Coordinator, Sports Facilities and Special Events, 306-777-7365
If you require more information, please contact Community Investments at 306-777-7507 or email@example.com
Special Event Minor
The Special Event Minor grant supports new or unique one time events that contribute to building community pride and encouraging community interaction and spirit.
Applications will be accepted prior to the following eight deadlines: February 28, March 30, April 30, May 31, June 29, September 28, October 31 and November 30, 2018.
Please Note: Applications must be received a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to the event. In addition, all deadlines are dependent on available funds.