Sport & Recreation Grants
The City of Regina aims to fund organizations that will help achieve the City’s priorities related to Sport & Recreation, those priorities include:
|Increase accessibility to sport and recreation activities and resources, including sporting events and celebrations.|
|Support community initiatives that address the recreation aspirations of our diverse community.|
|Promote active and healthy lifestyles among children and youth.|
|Support community initiatives that encourage multi-season use of open space.|
Community Partner Grants
Community Partner Grants provide those non-profit organizations that play a unique, strategic and essential role in Regina with a multi-year core funding agreement for core programming and core operations. Qualifying organizations are those that are having the deepest and broadest community impact on the City’s culture.
PLEASE NOTE: Those organizations wishing to apply for a Community Partner Grant must first meet with a Coordinator in Community Services Department to discuss eligibility. City staff will direct the organization to the most appropriate grant program stream and provide eligible organizations with the Community Partner Application form. Contact us at 306-777-7507 or email@example.com to arrange a meeting.
2016 Community Partner grant deadline was Tuesday, December 1 2015 at 4 p.m.
New Initiative and Annual Activity Grant
The New Initiatives and Annual Activity Grants provide funding for eligible initiatives offered by non-profit organizations that are aligned with the City’s grant stream priorities. There are two levels of funding, each with their own application form:
- Minor Funding: Up to $10,000, for initiatives that are completed within 12 months.
- Major Funding: Over $10,000 and up to $30,000, for initiatives that are completed within 12 months. Special exceptions will be made for Major Funding that have a unique nature and demonstrate that it will take longer than 12 months to complete. In those cases, organizations may receive approval to spend their allocated funds over a period of up to 24 months.
2016 Grant Applications
New Initiatives & Annual Activity grants deadline was Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 4 p.m. The grant deadline is now closed. Thank you to all organizations that applied.
- 2016 New Initiative/Annual Activity Major Application
- 2016 New Initiative/Annual Activity Minor Application
- 2016 New Initiative/Annual Activity Guidelines
- 2016 New Initiatives Follow Up Report
Grants for New Initiatives and Annual Activity will be reviewed by the Sport & Recreation Grant Review Committee.
2015 Grant Season
The Hosting grant is for amateur championship events that contribute to building community pride and encouraging community interaction and spirit.
Applications will be accepted prior to eight (8) deadline dates. The deadlines are the last business day of the following months: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, and November, as long as funds remain available. Applications must be received a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to the event.