Special Waste Disposal Information
The City of Regina requires a Special Waste Disposal Permit to accompany all types of Special Waste including asbestos, potentially contaminated soil, animal carcasses or other materials deemed as such.
The City of Regina reserves the right to limit or refuse the acceptance of any Special Waste.
Special Waste Disposal Permit Application and Process
- Complete the Special Waste Permit Application and email it to email@example.com
- Approval or rejection of the application will be given within two business days.
- Once the application has been approved, the customer must contact the Landfill in order to schedule delivery of the asbestos (notice must be given at least 24 hours prior to delivery).
- Provide two copies of the approved Permit to the hauler. The hauler will retain one copy for their records and the other will be provided to the Scale Attendant at the Landfill. Both copies must be signed by the driver.
- The driver must have a signed valid copy of the approved Special Waste Disposal Permit with them when disposing of special waste at the Landfill.
Special Waste Disposal Fees
The fees associated with special waste disposal are:
- Asbestos – $350/load + $85/tonne
- All other Special Waste – $250/load + $85/tonne
Landfill Special Waste Acceptance Hours
The City of Regina Landfill accepts asbestos and other special waste material during the hours of 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Tuesday to Friday, weather permitting, unless otherwise arranged with the Landfill Operations staff.
During Special Waste Delivery/Disposal
Asbestos and other special waste materials must be secured and handled in accordance with all applicable current regulations and policies.
The customer is responsible for the transportation and offloading of the special waste. The unloading of asbestos shall only take place in the presence and under the direction of a Landfill Operator to ensure that no loose asbestos or broken bags are unloaded and no airborne particulate are generated.
If the wind speed is greater than 20 km/hr and/or other inclement weather conditions exist, the Landfill Operations staff has the right to refuse delivery due to unsafe disposal conditions. Please follow all instructions of the Landfill Operations staff while disposing of special waste.
No analytical information is required for asbestos or animal carcasses. Review further information on analytical requirements.
Other Special Waste Information
An approved Special Waste Disposal Permit does not meet the requirements for a shipping manifest in accordance with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations. Where required, by provincial or federal legislation, manifests and shipping documents must be completed separately.
For more information, refer to The Hazardous Substances and Waste Dangerous Goods Regulations and The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulation.