Image of the City of Regina

Hauled Wastewater Site Forms & FAQ


How much do the annual permits cost?
Permit fees are based on the vehicle’s tank capacity as described in Schedule E.2 of the Wastewater and Storm Water Bylaw, 2016, (Wastewater & Storm Water Bylaw). The annual permit fee is calculated using the following formula:

(Tank capacity m3 ÷ $0.455) x number of remaining months x yearly rate

E.g.: Where the tank capacity is 10m3 and the yearly rate is $8.00
     :  (10 m3 ÷ $0.455) x (12 x $8.00)
     :  (21.978) x $96.00
     : 2019 Yearly Permit Charge = $2,109.89

What is the per load volume charge?
Disposal fees are set to recover costs to operate and maintain the site. The fees are a flat rate, based on the truck’s tank capacity, per disposed load as described in Schedule E.3 of the Wastewater & Storm Water Bylaw. The volume charge per load is calculated using the following formula:

Tank capacity m3 x disposal fee

E.g.:  Where the tank capacity is 10m3 and the 2019 disposal fee is $15.72/m3
     : 10m3 x $15.72/m3
     : 2019 Volume Charge per Load = $157.20

Will I be able to use the HWS immediately after submitting my application?

No. It may take up to 10 business days to process your application and an additional 3 business days to issue your RFID Tag(s). We strongly recommend you submit your HWS Application well in advance of when it will be required. You can also call Service Regina at 306-777-7000 with any questions about the application process and use of the site.

How do I make changes to my permit?
For changes to Permitted Vehicles such as license plates or addition/removal of vehicle:

What should I do if the RFID Tag is damaged or lost?
A unique RFID access tag is issued to each permitted vehicle. Replacement tags may take up to 3 business days to re-issue. Complete Parts A and C on the Application and email it to You will be contacted about the issue once the application has been received.

What should I do if the RFID Tag is defective?
If the RFID Tag does not work and is not physically damaged, please contact Service Regina at 306-777-7000. You will be contacted to help resolve the issue. Defective RFID Tags may take up to 1 business day to re-issue.

How are surcharges calculated and when are they applied?
Surcharges are applied when the wastewater is above the surcharge limit for that particular substance and calculated based on Schedule C of the Wastewater & Storm Water Bylaw.

Why are surcharge fees applied?
Treatment costs rise as the concentration of some substances increase. To recover the higher treatment costs, surcharges are applied.

How do I know if my load will have surcharges applied?
Surcharges are only applied to non-residential loads. If you are hauling non-residential wastewater, you must ensure that the generator you are hauling for has received permission from the City of Regina to dispose of the load at the Hauled Wastewater Site. The City will approve the wastewater based on analytical data presented to the City from a laboratory accredited by the Canadian Association of Laboratory Accreditation (CALA).

Are fats, oils, and grease (FOG) accepted?
Yes, however surcharges may apply to any loads that exceed surcharge parameters. To see surcharge values please refer to Schedule C of the Wastewater & Storm Water Bylaw.
Is car/truck wash or mechanic pit grit accepted?
No, grit is not accepted.

Is car/truck wash or mechanic pit wastewater accepted?
If the wastewater from the pit is separated from the grit and it does not have parameters above those listed in Schedule B - Restricted Substances or contain any prohibited substances (Schedule A), the wastewater will be accepted at the HWS. Parameters above Schedule C, may result in surcharges being applied.

Why isn’t hydrovac waste accepted?
The large amount of solid material that accompanies hydrovac waste clogs the station and prematurely fills the sludge chambers at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.

I haul/generate ICI, what is the process to dispose it at the HWS?

  • Contact Service Regina (306-777-7000) and request to speak to Environmental Services.
    Inform Environmental Services what the waste is, the quantity of waste to be disposed and how the waste was generated.
  • Provide Environmental Services with a list of parameters that you believe need to be tested. If Environmental Services believes extra testing is required, they will inform you.
  • Submit laboratory results in PDF format to Environmental Services.
  • Environmental Services will either approve or reject the waste to be disposed at the HWS.
  • Surcharges may apply to the approved waste.
  • Contact a permitted wastewater hauling company.


  • Ask the generator for proof that the City of Regina has approved the waste for disposal at the HWS.
  • If the generator provides proof of approval, haul the waste and dispose it at the HWS.
  • If the generator cannot provide you with proof, refuse to haul the waste and state the steps necessary to obtain approval.

What happens if there is a spill?
If an unintentionally spill of a prohibited substance, or one that has the potential to harm the environment and/or City of Regina infrastructure, has taken place, refer to the Spill Response Procedure, then complete and submit the Spill Report Form within 48 hrs of the spill.

How do I keep track of the loads I’ve disposed at the HWS?
A completed Disposal Manifest must be deposited in the HWS drop box for each and every load.

Where do I find the rules for using the Hauled Wastewater Site?
Refer to the HWS Code of Practice for site rules, policies and definitions.