Low-Flow Water Devices
Save water and save money by installing the following low-flow water devices around your home:
- Replace old shower heads with a low-flow shower head (less than 9 litres a minute).
- Install faucet aerators on your bathroom taps.
- Replace old toilets with new low-flow or ultra-low flow toilets (6 litres per flush or less).
- Replace old dishwashers with ENERGY-STAR dishwashers that conserve water.
- Install faucet aerators on your kitchen taps.
- Replace old washers with front-loading ENERGY-STAR washers that conserve water.
- Install faucet aerators on your laundry tub taps.
- Use drip-line irrigation to water trees and shrubs instead of watering by hose.
- Choose sprinklers that water using large drops instead of a fine spray or mist.
- Catch rainwater using a rain barrel or other rainwater harvesting system that can be used to water outdoor plants.