Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre
3130 East Woodhams Drive
In January 2018, the City of Regina installed two accessible overhead lifts at the Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre – one in the washroom and one on the pool deck. These lifts will help people experiencing disabilities enter and exit the pool in a safe and easier manner, and provide assistance for changing and cleansing.
Please note that staff are not trained in Transferring Lifting and Repositioning (TLR) and patrons who require assistance must bring someone with them who is trained and able to help transfer, lift or reposition. Patrons are asked to bring their own transfer sheets. Our staff can assist with operating the lift, guiding the patron to the pool and holding the patron in the water while the caregiver enters the pool.
- Main pool ranging in depth from .45 to 3 metres
- With slide, frog slide, umbrella rain tree, 1-metre diving board & accessible chair lift
- Activity room
- Large warm tot pool with spray bar, tot slide & spraying rubber rock
- Large whirlpool & co-ed dry sauna
- Family change rooms including a large special needs change room
- Strength & Conditioning Area including:
- 15 cardio machines like treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbent bikes, stair masters & rowers
- 10 strength training machines for every major muscle group
- flexibility and core strength training areas
You can book the activity room by calling the Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre.