To open an account you will be charged a service fee of $25 which will appear on your first bill. There is no fee to close your account.
There are several ways you can open or close your Water/Utility account:
- Online: Visit ExpressAddress.com to connect or disconnect your water/utility service.
- In person: Visit Service Regina on the main floor of City Hall weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. to set up or disconnect your City of Regina water/utility account.
- Phone: Call 306-777-7000 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. except for statutory holidays when the office is closed.
Be sure to have the following information on hand for each person on the account when opening/closing an account:
- Name of the person(s) that will appear on the account or are on the account
- Contact phone number(s)
- Employment status/information
- Driver's Licence customer number or any other form of Government issues identification (outside of Health Card)
- Name and phone number of an emergency contact
- Address where you want water/utility service to start or end
- Co-Applicant information
- The date you want service to start or end
- Billing address and phone number (if different from service location)
- If you have had water/utility service before, your previous water/utility account number(s) or service locations
- Address where the last bill can be mailed
- Email address
By giving verbal permission to add a co-applicant to the water/utility account, all parties become liable for charges on the account. If applicable, previous unpaid utility charges may be transferred to the account. Amounts owing may be disclosed to either party. Other personal information is not shared.
Suspend my Account
For residents who spend an extended period of time away, and there will be no water use during that time, the resident can suspend their billing account for a $25 service fee.
Landlord Service Agreement
The City offers service transfer agreements for landlords to ensure continuous water, sewer, storm drainage and recycling service to their rental properties.
If each of your units has a separate water meter, you have the option to always be in billing at your rental properties or to have tenants responsible for the water/utility bill.
The Landlord Service Transfer Agreement provides the City with advanced direction on what to do in the event that a tenant vacates a property and a new application for service is not received.
There will be a $25 service fee charged on the Landlords initial water/utility bill upon setup. Subsequent transfer fees will be waived each time the City transfers billing from a vacating tenant to the Landlord.
To cancel a Landlord Service Transfer Agreement, please complete the Request to Terminate Form.
Request Water/Sewer Service Outside the City Limits
Extra-municipal servicing refers to the City of Regina water distribution, wastewater collection or septic tank wastewater discharge, and/or stormwater collection and related management services provided outside of the city limits. For more information on requesting extra-municipal services, visit Water/Sewer Service Outside City Limits.