Permits allow City of Regina staff to review your plans to ensure they comply with current building codes, bylaws and other applicable regulations. Permits, regulations and inspections are here for your protection and ensure what is being built is safe.
Update: March 24, 2020
In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, the City of Regina has taken immediate action which includes closing City Hall to the public. This has a direct effect on the way we do business and receive permit applications.
To ensure accurate input of your application and to prevent delays in the review. Please follow the guide below:
- Subject: (must contain) Address, Application number (if applicable), New Application OR Revision
- Body of email: Include any additional clarification.
- Attachments must be labelled accordingly.
- Ensure all documents are clear and legible.
- Include as many documents as possible in one complete email.
- For plans more than 25MB, separate documents/plans and submit more than one email. Subject line as follows: Example: 123 Main Street, email 1 of 2.
Once your permit is approved, email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted to make credit card payment over the phone. Once your permit is paid, your permit will be emailed to the applicant/owner/contractor for a signature. A signed copy must be scanned and sent back to email@example.com
Building permit inspections will only be conducted in person on a limited basis. We are responding to COVID-19 quickly and looking at innovative ways of doing business with the availability of new, digital service delivery options that support the health and safety of both industry and City staff.
- These tools include technologies such as FaceTime, WhatsApp or photos where appropriate.
- Scheduling inspections remains the same – please call 306-777-7000. Once booked, we will work with you to determine the best route of inspection and which technologies are possible.
Existing service level standards remain in place unless communicated otherwise. As the situation is evolving, we will update our website regularly if there are service limitations.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate through this together and explore ways to continue supporting the local economy and construction activity this season.
Questions? Reach out to our permit file support team by calling 306-777-7551, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Sign Up for Email Notifications
We’ll send you updates on:
- Building permits and inspections
- Residential and commercial requirements
- Regulatory advisories and announcements
- Municipal legislation changes
- Workshops and information sessions
- Related surveys and other feedback opportunities
Be sure you sign up and CONFIRM. Look in your junk or spam folder. Our confirmation email may be hiding there.
Use our online forms to schedule a building inspection.
2476 Victoria Ave
2476 Victoria Ave
PO Box 1790
Regina SK S4P 3C8
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Visit Advisories & Reports for industry news and announcements.