Fall Leaf Sweep Schedule
The Fall Leaf Sweep program usually runs mid to late October.
City crews street sweep to keep our roads clean, clear catch basins and reduce any drainage issues. Areas that are swept during Fall Leaf Sweep are chosen based on the history of being problematic for flooding during spring melt and have a number of mature trees.
We encourage residents to support fall clean up by raking their leaves and keeping nearby catch basins free of debris and leaves
- College Ave., 15th Ave. & 14th Ave. – Winnipeg St. to Albert St.
- 13th Ave. – Winnipeg St. to Broad St.
- Victoria Ave. – Winnipeg St. to Osler St.
- 12th Ave. – Winnipeg St. to Halifax St.
- 11th Ave. – Winnipeg St. to Ottawa St.
- 9th Ave. – Quebec St. to Ottawa St.
- Angus St., Rae St. & Retallack St. – 4th Ave. to 10th Ave.
- Robinson St. & Cameron St. – 4th Ave. to 9th Ave.
- Garnet St., Athol St. & Montague St. – 4th Ave. to 10th Ave.
Spring Street Sweep
The Spring Sweep program helps clean and preserve all our streets by removing winter salt/sand, dust and debris from the roads, sidewalks and boulevards. The sweep begins about April and runs through June, weather dependent.
Sweeping starts on medians, downtown streets and main arterial roads such as Albert Street. We also sweep sidewalks throughout the program and boulevards are swept during the first week. During this phase, residents should watch for and obey the No-Parking signs to allow sweepers to access curb and parking lanes. Parking in a no-parking zone means that you could be ticketed $120 and your vehicle towed.
Following main roads, Spring Sweep moves onto neighbourhood streets and roads. Mobile signs are posted in neighbourhoods to advise residents when their subdivision will be swept. We ask that you help us keep our streets clean by adhering to street signage and moving your car as needed.