Fall Leaf Sweep
The Fall Sweep starts on Monday, October 17 in the Cathedral, Lakeview, North Central, Crescents and the Genera Hospital area, including Centre Square and Heritage neighbourhoods. The Fall Sweep helps clean the roads and clear storm drains from leaves and debris to reduce flooding. Areas that are swept during Fall Leaf Sweep are chosen based on the history of being problematic for flooding during spring melt and have a number of mature trees.
Although not all the leaves may have fallen off trees yet, the goal of the Fall Sweep to pick up as much of the leaves and debris on the ground prior to winter snow and ice. This program takes about 10 days to complete therefore it must be started mid/late October to complete before snowfall.
- City crews will be sweeping between 4 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and are expected to be finished by October 28, weather dependent.
- Area residents are encouraged to park off-street and share driveways with neighbours to allow sweepers to clean the curb.
- Street sweepers create dusty conditions that reduce visibility. Close your windows and walk on alternative sidewalks. Provide the sweeping equipment with lots of room, slow down and be safe.
- No parking signs will be placed to notify residents in advance. If vehicles are there when sweepers arrive, they will be towed. Cars that are parked in a No Parking zone will be ticketed and towed.
- If your car has been towed, please call Service Regina at 306-777-7000. Cars are towed to an appropriate location within a 2-4 block radius.
Spring Street Sweep
In spring, street sweeping freshens up our community by clearing away leaves, sand and debris from our roads, boulevards and sidewalks. In fall, some areas of our community are swept to keep our roads clean, clear sewer drains and reduce any drainage issues. These locations are chosen based on the history of being problematic for flooding during spring melt and have mature trees.