A permit is not required:
- for a tent less than 24m2 (258 ft2)
- where no alcohol served
Note: The National Building Code requirements apply to all temporary tents greater than 10m2 (107ft2), even if a permit is not required by the City of Regina.
It is best to apply as early as possible.
- Complete the Tent & Temporary Structure Development Application Package and the Building Permit Application. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City will review your application for compliance with the National Building Code and National Fire Code.
Once your permit is approved, you will be contacted to make credit card payment over the phone. Once your permit is paid, your permit will be emailed to the applicant/owner/contractor for a signature. A signed copy must be scanned and sent back to email@example.com prior to construction.
Temporary Building Permit
|At least ten business days prior to the event date|
|Final Inspection - After construction or set up complete|
Construction cannot begin until the permit is issued. If work starts prior to receiving a building permit, you will be subject to a surcharge.
Other permit application(s) may be required and are separate from the building permit process.
- City of Regina Parks: if the event is to occur on City of Regina property, application must be made with Central Scheduling to book the facility.
- Temporary Street Use Permit: if the event will disrupt vehicular or pedestrian traffic, a Temporary Street Use Permit will be required to close the street or sidewalk.
- Alcohol Application: for events serving alcohol on City of Regina property, a Special Occasion Application is required to obtain the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA) permit. If the event is not on City of Regina property, the applicant/owner will be responsible to obtain the necessary permits.