In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, the City of Regina has taken immediate action which includes closing City Hall to the public. This has a direct effect on the way we do business and receive permit applications.
To ensure accurate input of your application and to prevent delays in the review. Please follow the guide below:
- Subject: (must contain) Address, Application number (if applicable), New Application OR Revision
- Body of email: Include any additional clarification.
- Attachments must be labelled accordingly.
- Ensure all documents are clear and legible.
- Include as many documents as possible in one complete email.
- For plans more than 25MB, separate documents/plans and submit more than one email. Subject line as follows: Example: 123 Main Street, email 1 of 2.
Once your permit is approved, email email@example.com and you will be contacted to make credit card payment over the phone. Once your permit is paid, your permit will be emailed to the applicant/owner/contractor for a signature. A signed copy must be scanned and sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Reach out to our permit file support team by calling 306-777-7551, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Find out more about which projects require a building permit, and which do not.
Building permits are required for:
Building permits are not required if the entire scope of the project consists only of:
Apply for a Building Permit
Find your project in the list below and read more to find information on applications, fees and conditions.
New Home Construction & Addition Permit
Permit Review Timelines
Review timelines vary depending on the type of project. A fully completed application with no errors will be issued a permit after the initial review. Delays happen when there is missing information or submissions are not compliant with codes and bylaws. If that happens, applications are placed on hold until issue(s) are resolved. Learn more about the permit review process.
Current targets for 2020:
- Residential – 10 business days from submission to issuing a permit or request additional details
- Commercial – 20 business days from submission to issuing a permit or request additional details
- Resubmission – 5 business days from submission of the required information to issuing a permit or request additional details
Estimated review times are available from staff at the City Hall permit counter, by submitting an Online Service Request, or calling 306-777-7000.