City Council meetings are held on scheduled Wednesdays beginning at 1:00 p.m. in Henry Baker Hall at City Hall. Council meetings are broadcast live on our Meeting Portal and Access Communications Channel 7. Video recordings of past meetings are also available. You are welcome to attend City Council and committee meetings that interest you.
Present to a Committee or Council
Consulting with the public is important to Regina City Council. You have the opportunity to share your opinions and participate in the decision-making process. Your ideas help members of Council to make decisions addressing the needs of Regina residents.
A request to speak to Council is also referred to as a delegation request. You can appear as a delegation before City Council or a committee of Council regarding an item on the agenda. In the event the item is not on the agenda, you may write a letter to the Office of the City Clerk requesting to address a committee. The Office of the City Clerk will contact you to discuss the request, or may refer the matter to a more appropriate committee of Council or City Administration.
How to Make a Request
To present to City Council/Committee regarding an agenda item, you must submit a request by email or by calling 306-777-7262 to the Office of the City Clerk no later than 12 p.m. on the Monday prior to the scheduled meeting. A written brief in advance is not required, but encouraged.
The request should include:
- the date of the meeting at which you wish to appear
- the subject or topic on the agenda to be discussed
- the name and correct mailing address of the spokesperson
- indicate if you wish to attend in person or via teleconference
- day time telephone number and/or telephone number you will be calling into the meeting from (This cannot be a blocked number)
Delegations who attend the committee/City Council meeting to present:
- will be noted on the meeting agenda
- will respond to questions of the committee/City Council; and
- are subject to a five minute time limit to present, followed by any questions from committee/City Council members.