Image of the City of Regina

Parking Permits

Residential Parking Permit 

The City offers Residential Parking Permits for residents who experience a high level of transient parking where they live. Often, these areas are near downtown, hospitals or schools.  The Residential Parking Permit cost is $15/permit (plus GST) and is intended to provide residents who live within the parameters of a time limited parking zone the option to park their vehicle longer than the posted time limits.  It should be understood that the normal 24 hour limit continues to apply.

Visitor Parking Permits 

Residents may purchase up to 2 visitor parking permits so that guests can park close to home for up to 24 hours. The cost is $5/permit (plus GST) if purchased at the same time as residential parking permit and $15/permit (plus GST) if permit is purchased separately. Visitor parking permits are not available for residents in the Stadium area or for residents in apartments or other apartment-style dwellings. This permit will only exempt a vehicle from the posted time limit within the block abutting the address indicated on the permit. Lost or stolen permits can be replaced by paying the applicable fee.

Apply: Visit City Hall at City Hall 2476 Victoria Avenue between 8 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday to Friday (except holidays) to apply for a Residential and/or Visitor Parking Permit. Make sure to bring your valid driver’s license and vehicle registration as well as proof of residency.

Full-time Students Residential Parking: Full-time students attending an educational institute in Regina are eligible to purchase a residential parking permit where they reside by providing the following documents:

  • Vehicle registration;
  • Student Registration Form or Student ID card; and
  • Rental or Lease agreement. 
  • Out-of-province students must provide a valid out-of-province vehicle registration as well as the other documents identified above.

Accessible Parking Permit

The City of Regina is committed to providing services for all residents including those with special needs. In 2010, City Council established the Accessibility Advisory Committee to advise City Council and Administration on access and other requirements for persons with disabilities. The Committee is comprised of citizens representing the disability community and organizations that provide services to people with disabilities.

The specially marked accessible parking stalls are located closer to mall doors, doctors’ offices and other locations for those who have a permit in the front window of their vehicles. People who have accessible parking permits are unable to walk unassisted for more than 50 metres. In these situations, individuals and their care providers need larger parking stalls to load and unload devices such as walkers and wheelchairs. Unobstructed access to sidewalk ramps is essential.

Those who make the decision to illegally park in an accessible parking stall could face a $210 fine. Failure to pay the fine will result in towing the vehicle to impound. In addition to the fine, applicable towing and storage fees are also applied at the impound yard.

Apply for Parking Placard: If you have a temporary or permanent disability, you can request a placard through the Saskatchewan Abilities Council to park in reserved parking spots or parking zones. 

Purchase Accessible Parking Permit: The City of Regina sells parking permits to those residents who have a valid Saskatchewan Abilities Council placard at City Hall 2476 Victoria Avenue between 8 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday to Friday. The permit costs $12.50/month or $150/year and allows you to park up to 3 hours at any 1 or 2 hour parking meter without depositing any coins. However, you can only park for 15 minutes in a red capped 15 minute parking meter.

Vehicle Ownership

All applicants are required to provide a driver's licence and prove vehicle ownership by providing a valid vehicle registration.

If the applicant is not the registered owner, but is the principal operator, the applicant must provide a letter from the registered owner declaring that the applicant is the principal operator of the vehicle (Example: A parent owns the vehicle but the child is the principal operator).

An applicant operating an employer-owned vehicle must provide proof of employment with the business that owns the vehicle (i.e. letter from company on company letterhead).