To operate in Regina, Transportation Network Companies (TNCs) must meet all regulatory requirements set out in the Vehicle For Hire Act and the Vehicle(s) For Hire Bylaw No. 2019-9 and obtain a transportation network company licence from the City of Regina. These regulations are in place for your safety and the driver’s safety.
When using rideshare services, be sure to verify the identity of the driver and their vehicle before you get in. Through the rideshare app, you will receive information about the driver and vehicle with your booking confirmation. This should include the first name and photo of the driver, vehicle information and estimated time of pick-up. Check this information and ask the driver for the name of the passenger to confirm you have the right vehicle.
Rideshare companies are required to:
- Book trips using the company’s app. Drivers are not permitted to pick up customers who hail them on the street or seek out business by approaching potential customers on the street.
- Fares are provided to and accepted by the passenger in advance of the trip. An electronic receipt must be issued upon completion of the trip
- Payment is made through the app. Rideshare companies and its affiliated drivers are prohibited from accepting cash
- Rideshare vehicles must display a minimum of two decals identifying the transportation network company that it is affiliated with
- Must meet all regulatory requirements and obtain a licence from the City of Regina
Become a Licensed TNC Driver
Requirements for drivers and vehicles can be found on the SGI website. Once you meet all regulatory requirements and are an affiliated driver, the rideshare company will provide you with two company decals. You cannot operate without these decals, which must be displayed on two sides of your vehicle and visible to the public when operating as a rideshare.