Councillor John Findura is currently serving a third term as a member of Regina City Council, representing the residents of Ward 5.
After immigrating to Canada from Poland in 1976, John graduated from Miller Comprehensive High School, then joined the Canadian Naval Reserve. He obtained his Refrigeration Plant Operator certificate. He is currently the Manager of Inside Services for Dilawri Group of Companies.
John and his wife Shelley have three children, Stephanie, Julie and Scott, and a granddaughter, Kalie. They have lived in Ward 5 since 1995.
John is an active volunteer with a number of community organizations, including Dewdney East Community Association and Glen Elm Public Library, and he sits on the organizing committee for the annual Community Connection event. He is active with Regina Multicultural Council, Mosaic Festival of Cultures, St. Anthony’s Parish and the Polish Canadian Cultural Club.
Civic boards, Committees & Commissions:
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Community and Protective Services
- Executive Committee
- Mayor's Housing Commission
- Moose Jaw & Regina Regional Planning Committee (Alternate)
- Priorities and Planning Committee
- Public Works and Infrastructure Committee
- Sherwood-Regina Regional Development Committee (Alternate)