Councillor Joel Murray is sitting for his first term as a member of City Council, representing the residents of Ward 6.
Councillor Joel Murray was born and raised in the heart of Ward 6 Regina. He attended the University of Regina where he studied Business Administration. In 2010 he and his family formed a local insulation business. He spends much of his time assessing building integrity and efficiencies in many of Regina's existing homes.
After being elected in 2016 his primary focus is on safer communities, youth engagement, affordable housing, sustainable development and reconciliation. Councillor Murray brings unique insight and experience to the challenges and opportunities that face youth in Regina.
Civic boards, Committees & Commissions:
- Board of Police Commissioners
- Canadian Association of Police Governance- Advocacy/Engagement Board Member
- Executive Committee
- Finance and Administration Committee
- Mayor's Housing Commission
- Priorities and Planning Committee
- Regina Appeal Board
- Regina Police Pension Trustee
- Regina Police TRIP Trustee
- Royal United Services Institute Council Liaison
- Regina Warehouse Business Improvement District
- Saskatchewan Assessment Management Association, City Advisory Committee
- Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association (Alternate)