Councillor Cheryl Stadnichuk grew up in the village of Guernsey, Sask., but has lived most of her adult life in Regina, on Treaty 4 territory and the homeland of the Metis. She lives in Ward 1 and loves her neighbourhood with its small independent shops and access to parks, biking and cross-country ski trails.
Councillor Cheryl Stadnichuk graduated with High Honours in Political Science from the University of Regina and also studied French at Laval University in Quebec City.
In 2019, she retired from the Canadian Union of Public Employees, where she worked as a national researcher and also coordinated a national task force on women’s participation in the union.
She has one son who recently graduated with a double degree in French and French education.
Councillor Stadnichuk has strong interests in community engagement, quality public services, environmental issues, equity and human rights . In 2019, the Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation awarded her the Global Citizen Award for her activism on human rights.
Civic boards, Committees & Commissions:
- Canadian Capital Cities Organization
- Provincial Capital Commission (Alternate)
- Regina Warehouse Business Improvement District
- School Boards/City Council Liaison Committee
- Governance Committee of the City of Regina- Fill Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council (FHQTC) Partnership Agreement