Albert Street Traffic and Wascana Park Pathway Closures
Starting at 9 a.m., on Thursday, June 15 work will begin to install a temporary bypass of stormwater service on the east side of the Albert Street Memorial Bridge in Wascana Park.
Traffic, pedestrian and cycling will be impacted in the area:
- Traffic and pedestrian sidewalk access will be restricted northbound on the Albert Street Memorial Bridge for approximately one week to accommodate construction. Two-way traffic and pedestrian access will be maintained in the southbound lanes.
- The pedestrian walking path in Wascana Park will be restricted at various times throughout construction activities and during significant rainfall events to ensure safety.
- Signage will be placed on the main pathway re-directing pedestrians, cyclists and other users, when required.
- Please ensure you follow all posted signage.
- The stairwell and under-bridge path for pedestrians and cycling will be closed on both sides of the Albert Street Memorial Bridge for the duration of the temporary pumping solution.
The City of Regina thanks residents for their understanding and patience and reminds everyone to slow down in construction zones.