This year, several Community Associations (CAs) within Regina will be holding a Community Clean Up serving as a pilot program in their neighbourhoods. Volunteers and staff will be around the community to help clean up trash and other items.
These programs will happen over the course of the summer and into fall. Dates and times vary depending on the Community Association.
Residents can bring eligible items to the Loraas bin during the hours listed on the posters in your neighbourhood. Some items are not eligible during the Community Clean Up.
The City will be supporting this program with a garbage collection truck, fleet trucks and trailers, waste diversion bins and other applicable equipment such as a wood chipper (in specific locations) and City of Regina staff trained to use the equipment.
Please help us beautify your neighbourhood, remember to use your bins!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Community Associations are involved in the Community Clean Up?
- Queen City Eastview Community Association - June 4
- Heritage Community Association - July 9
- North East Community Association - August 27
- Regent Park Community Association - September 10 - Tentative
- Cathedral Area Community Association - September 17
- Rosemont/Mount Royal Community Association - September 24
- Al Ritchie Community Association - October 1
- North Central Community Association - October 8
Times of the Clean Ups vary between Community Associations. Contact your local CA for the time of your scheduled Community Clean Up or with any additional questions. Links to websites and contact information is provided below.
If my item is not accepted what can I do with it?
You can visit Regina.ca/waste to find the waste wizard that helps you put your waste in the right place. Simply type the name of the waste item and it will tell you how to recycle or dispose of it.
Why is this program happening now?
Several CAs have done smaller community clean ups for many years with their volunteers. In 2021, annual funding was approved by Council through the budget process for support of a pilot Community Association Clean Up program. A report will be provided to Council at the end of 2022 to share successes of the program and will determine the future direction.
Why is my Community Association not doing a Community Clean Up?
This is a pilot program that was open to Phase One and Two Community Associations only. More CAs may be eligible to apply in the coming years as the program expands.
I don’t live in one of these areas. Can I take my items to a different neighbourhood?
At this time, we are asking that the residents of areas that do not have a Community Clean Up happening do not access another neighbourhood for this program. Please take your eligible items to the landfill or view the Waste Wizard for more information on how to dispose of your items. A Community Clean Up program may be available in your neighbourhood in the future.
Zone Boards and Community Associations are made up of volunteers from your neighbourhood who organize community events, provide recreation programming and represent the community on civic affairs, planning and development opportunities.
Regina is split into five Zones made up of more than 25 Community Associations.
Central Zone Board
- Al Ritchie Community Association
- Cathedral Area Community Association
- Heritage Community Association
- Queen City Eastview Community Association
- North Central Community Association
- Argyle North Community Association
- Coronation Park Community Association
- North East Community Association
- Uplands Community Association
- Albert Park Community Association
- Harbour Landing Community Association
- Hillsdale Community Association
- Lakeview Community Association
- Whitmore Park Community Association
- Dieppe-Westerra Community Association
- McNab Community Association
- Normanview Residents Group
- Normanview West Community Association
- Prairie View Community Association
- Regent Park Community Association
- Rosemont Mount Royal Community Association
- Sherwood Estates McCarthy Park Community Association
- Twin Lakes Community Association
- Walsh Acres/Lakeridge/Gardenbridge Community Association