City Manager's Bylaw
The City Manager's Bylaw establishes the position of City Manager as the administrative head of the City and assigns the powers, duties, accountabilities and functions of the City Manager.
- City Manager’s positon, terms and conditions of the employment shall be appointed by Council.
- The City Manager shall be the administrative head of the City.
- The City Manager shall perform the duties and exercise the power and functions assigned to the City Manager by Council.
- The City Manager shall be directly accountable and responsible to Council for the discharge of the powers, duties and functions assigned to the position.
- The City Manager is authorized to delegate any power, duty or function to any City employee.
- The City Manager may appoint a City employee as Acting City Manager during the temporary absence of the City Manager. A prior notice to Council with the name of the person appointed is required.