Code of Ethics Bylaw
The Code of Ethics Bylaw sets out a process for dealing with violations of the code and possible sanctions for members of Council.
- The code of ethics shall apply to all members of Council.
- This code guides members of Council respecting what their obligations are when fulfilling their duties and responsibilities as elected officials.
- Each member of Council shall be responsible for upholding required standards and values set out in the bylaw.
- The City shall appoint an integrity commissioner to undertake the duties and responsibilities assigned for assessing, investigating, adjudicating and reporting the violations of the code of ethics.
- A detailed process for dealing with violations is outlined in the bylaw.
- Certain sanctions are set out in the bylaw for violations of the code of ethics.
- A copy of “Request for Investigation–Complaint Form” is attached to the bylaw in Appendix A.