Municipal Wards Commission Bylaw
The Municipal Wards Commission Bylaw was established to provide a framework for the appointment of members to the Municipal Wards Commission (Commission) when a review of the ward boundaries is required.
- The Commission shall consist of three members appointed by resolution of Council:
- A Justice designated by the Chief Justice of the Court of Queen’s Bench for Saskatchewan who shall act as the Commission Chairperson
- The City Clerk
- A representative of the University of Regina designated by the President of the University of Regina
- The Commission shall conduct a review of the city’s ward boundaries in accordance with The Cities Act.
- The Office of the City Clerk shall act as secretary for the Commission and provide administrative support.
- The Commission members shall be reimbursed for any reasonable travel or other expenses incurred in relation to duties associated with the Commission.
- The Commission shall submit a report to City Council identifying necessary changes to the current city ward boundaries.