Noise Abatement Bylaw
The Noise Abatement Bylaw was established to regulate loud and unnecessary noise.
- No person shall make, continue, cause or permit to be made or continued, any unreasonably loud or excessive noise likely to disturb any reasonable person within the city.
- The provisions of Section 4 of this Bylaw do not apply to an emergency vehicle, or work on a City street or public utility carried on by a City Department, SaskPower, SaskTel, or to a contractor working for these companies.
- The use of power tools is prohibited between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. (refer to the bylaw for list of tools).
- No person shall create loud unnecessary noise in the operation of a motor vehicle upon a public street within the city.
- No person shall allow a diesel motor to remain running longer than 15 minutes in any location within 500 feet of a residential zone.
- Animal owners must supervise their pets so they do not cause a nuisance with excessive barking and howling.
- Applications for an exemption can be made under certain circumstances.
To find more City Bylaws, please visit the Regina Open Data website.