Old Warehouse Business Improvement District Bylaw
The Old Warehouse Business Improvement District Bylaw was established to encourage the development of a prosperous old warehouse district. This is done by improving the area’s appearance and image, promoting and marketing the area, and undertaking initiatives that facilitate the ongoing rejuvenation and redevelopment of the area.
- The Regina’s Old Warehouse Business Improvement District (BID) shall be responsible to plan and implement improvement to the district.
- The following is a very high level overview of the BID:
- Shall not purchase real estate without the consent of City Council.
- Shall only approve budgeted expenditures that are approved by City Council.
- Keep meeting minutes and records of all meetings of the BID.
- Submit its budget to the City by March 15.
- Submit its annual report and financial statements to City Council on or before May 1.
- City Council shall authorize an annual levy or charge on all land and improvements used for business purposes and located within the district.