The Procedure Bylaw was established to regulate the proceedings in the City Council meetings and meetings of the Committees.
- All meetings of Council shall be held openly and no person is to be excluded, except for improper conduct.
- The following procedures are outlined in the bylaw:
- Appointments to Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Requirements for regular and special meetings of Council
- Appointment of Deputy Mayor and Acting Deputy Mayor
- Appointment of Mayor
- The City Clerk shall prepare the agenda and record meeting minutes for all regular and special meetings of Council and Committees. Additional administrative support shall be provided to the Council and/or Committee upon request.
- A person or group of persons can bring any matter to the attention of Council, or have any matter considered by Council through a letter, petition or other communication.
- Whenever any point of order, point of procedure, or question of privilege arises, it shall be immediately dealt with.
- The Council may recess at any time during the meeting. Upon reconvening the meeting, Council shall deal with the next listed agenda item following that considered prior to the recess unless a motion to alter the agenda is passed.
- The membership and jurisdiction of a committee shall be as provided for in the enabling legislation or as directed by Council.
- All requests for proclamations shall be submitted to the Mayor for approval at least one month prior to the proposed date for the proclamation.