The Smoking Bylaw governs where smoking is and isn’t allowed in the City of Regina.
- Prohibits smoking and vaping on outdoor seating areas of restaurants, bars and similar establishments
- Prohibits smoking and vaping on all City-owned or controlled land. This includes City-owned facilities like playgrounds, spray pads, swimming pools, skating rinks, skate parks, dog parks, exercise facilities, track facilities, outdoor stadiums and sports facilities, hard surface courts and athletic fields. It also includes parks and open spaces, multi-use pathways, golf courses within City limits and plazas. It does not include roads, sidewalks, parking lots and open air parkades.
- Prohibits smoking and vaping within a 10 metre buffer zone of entrances, windows and air exchanges of public buildings
- Prohibits vaping in enclosed public places where smoking is prohibited under The Tobacco Control Act
- Has an exemption consistent with The Tobacco Control Act in relation to outdoor traditional spiritual and cultural ceremonies
- Has an exemption for teaching and testing devices in a vape retail store