Waste Management Bylaw
The Waste Management Bylaw was established to regulate the collection and disposal of waste.
- Garbage shall be bagged or bundled in the container.
- Waste shall fit in the container with the container’s lid closed for automated collection.
- Waste shall fit inside the bag with the bag securely tied closed for manual collection areas.
- Garbage should be set out by 7:30 a.m. on your collection day.
- Sharp objects must be packaged in a puncture resistant, non-breakable container with a tight fitting lid before being placed in a container or a plastic garbage bag.
- Access to the garbage collection site must be clear of obstructions.
- All material transported to the landfill must be covered or secured in transit.
- Garbage must not be burned.
- All general medical waste, animal waste, dust particles and powdered materials shall be packaged in securely tied, double plastic garbage bags.
- Hazardous waste, biochemical waste, dead animals, tires, automobile parts, furniture and liquids must not be set out for residential garbage collection.
- Recyclable material shall be unbagged in the container.
- Owners/occupants are responsible for maintaining their property in a tidy condition.
There are fines in place for individuals and/or corporations who do not comply to the regulations within the bylaw. Fines can reach up to $25,000.
Report a Bylaw Infraction
If you know of a bylaw violation and would like to report it, contact Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or using the online service request form.