There are several ways to recognize a licensed City of Regina taxicab:
- A valid taxicab owner’s licence decal displayed in the top left corner of the rear window of the taxicab
- Taxicabs must display the taxi company and phone number with an identifying car number on the vehicle exterior
- A taxi fare meter is required for each taxi and must be sealed with a City of Regina tag
- Taxicabs are equipped at all times with an electronic payment system
- Taxicabs are equipped at all times with an in-car security camera system
Taxicab Driver's Licence
Taxicab drivers must carry their valid taxi licence when working and ensure their taxi identification card is visible by passengers. Drivers licences are valid from May 1 to April 30 and must be renewed annually.
Apply for a Taxicab Driver's Licence:
Visit the City Hall Licensing Counter to complete the application form. Drivers must:
- have a valid driver’s licence of the appropriate class for the Province of Saskatchewan
- have an approved criminal record check by Regina Police Service
- pay the application fee
Taxicab Drivers Annual Licence Fees:
- New Licence $50
- Renewal Licence $25
Renew your Taxicab Driver's Licence
Driver’s licences are valid from May 1 to April 30 and must be renewed annually in person at City Hall. Drivers must meet all the conditions stated above.
Taxicab Vehicle Licence
The City issues four types of taxicab vehicle licences: Regular, Temporary, Seasonal and Accessible.
Renew a Taxicab Vehicle Licence:
Visit the City Hall Licensing Counter to complete the application form. Applicants must:
- produce a valid SGI inspection certificate and decal
- submit the vehicle for inspection by the Licence Inspector
- pay the application fee
- be affiliated with a licensed taxicab broker
- comply with all other sections of The Taxi Bylaw
Taxicab Vehicle Annual Licence Fee:
- Regular, Temporary, Seasonal and Accessible Taxicab Owner’s Licence Fee $375.00
To obtain an accessible taxicab owner's licence, you will need to provide that the vehicle is CSA-D409 approved in addition to the above information.
Taxicab Broker's Licence
To obtain a taxicab broker's licence, you must contact the Licensing Branch at 306-777-7717 for information about the application process. If your application is successful, you must pay the application fee before the licence is issued.
If the dispatch office is home-based, you will also need a business licence.
Taxicab Broker's Annual Licence Fee:
New and Renewal $375.00
Make A Complaint
If you wish to make a complaint against the driver of a taxi, the condition of a taxi vehicle or equipment, please contact the City of Regina Licensing Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 306-777-7717 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and a licensing officer will investigate.
If the complaint is related to customer service, please contact the appropriate taxi brokerage company.
If you require non-urgent police action, a report may be initiated by calling the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or in person at 1717 Osler Street.
In an emergency call 911.