Needle Pickup on Public Property
Street Project and AIDS Program South Saskatchewan (APSS) provides city-wide, needle pickup. For assistance with needle pickup, please contact:
Street Project (Saskatchewan Health Authority)
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
If you are directed to voicemail, leave the location of needles or your phone number and they will pick up or contact you.
AIDS Programs South Saskatchewan
Tuesday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To report a needle for pick-up, please visit the APSS web app reportneedles.ca.
Regina Fire & Protective Services will provide support for needle pickup when Street Project and/or APSS are not available. Please contact Service Regina at 306-777-7000 and follow the touch-tone instructions.
Please note: The City of Regina, Street Project and APSS will not provide needle pickups on private property. Property owners are encouraged to use the safe-handling instructions below.
How to Dispose of Needles in a Safe Manner
Using heavy gloves and a pair of tongs or pliers, please dispose of any needle(s) in an empty, non-breakable, hard-sided container, with a lid that needles cannot poke through (ie. pop bottle or small coffee tin). Please use the tongs to safely pick up the needle(s), place them in the container and fasten the lid. Containers may be taken to needle exchange services available at:
- Saskatchewan Health Authority - Sexual Health Clinic at 2110 Hamilton St
- AIDS Programs South Saskatchewan at 1325 Albert St
Street Project Needle Disposal Drop Boxes
- North Central: Alley behind 1100 block Cameron Street and Garnet Street (off of 5th Avenue)
- Downtown Core: Core Community Park, 11th Ave - located in the park along the walkway
- Downtown Core: Beside Carmichael Outreach, 1510 12th Ave, at 1800 block St John St
- Warehouse: Alley between 1300 block Rose St and Broad St