Regina residents with non-insurable property damage caused by flooding on June 2 and/or 7 can apply for provincial compensation through the Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP).
Regina residents must use the following fillable forms to apply for compensation:
Preparing for Emergencies
Take simple steps to prepare before a disaster strikes to ensure the safety of you, your family, and your home in an emergency.
Preparing a Family Emergency Kit
For more information, you may also wish to go to Public Safety Canada's website about emergency preparedness and what you need to have to survive, including how to survive the first 72 hours after an emergency.
City of Regina Emergency Response
The City of Regina has an Emergency Response Plan that coordinates the City response to any major emergency or disaster. The plan outlines:
- How we establish and operate the City’s Emergency Operation Centre.
- Expectations and reporting requirements for each department or group including information sharing, public notification and media support.
- Incident complexity levels and direction for escalating events from day-to-day emergencies to major disasters.
- City Council roles and responsibilities, including declaring a state of local emergency.
The emergency plan enables the City to activate an Emergency Operations Centre that will:
- Assist emergency personnel to respond quickly and effectively to potential disasters such as wildfires, major storms, chemical spills, floods, plane crashes, or tornados.
- Provide a concentrated assessment and decision-making body that can best utilize all available resources, and if necessary, resources from the Provincial and/or Federal Governments.
- Prioritize recovery goals and objectives.
- Maintain City services to the unaffected portion of the community when able.
The City works collaboratively on emergency response plans with stakeholders and organizations including:
- All City of Regina Departments
- Regina Fire & Protective Services
- Regina Police Services
- Regina Public School Board
- Regina Catholic School Board
- Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Regina Airport Authority
- Critical Infrastructure partners
- Crown Corporations
- Media Liaisons
- Emergency Social Services