Regina Paratransit is a shared ride transportation service for persons experiencing a disability who are restricted in using fixed route transit some of the time. The service is a scheduled door-to-door service for those who are registered.
To qualify for Paratransit, someone must be restricted in one or more of the following:
- ability to walk or wheel to a bus stop
- ability to identify landmarks, follow durections or navigate fixed route transit
- is easily confused or disoriented
- risk of falling
- unable to board fixed route transit independently
- tires easily
Register for Paratransit
There are five types of registrations. People registering for Paratransit must meet the following eligibility criteria:
|Permanent||A permanent registration is grated if a person required the continuous use of Paratransit and is a Regina resident. If Paratransit is not used in an 18 month period, the permanent registration will be deactivated and you will need to re-register.|
|Temporary||A temporary registration is granted if the person is temporarily disabled (e.g., broken leg or hip replacement surgery) and unable to use fixed route transit for a limited time period. Temporary registrations can be extended if required.|
|Winter||Winter registrations are for people who only require Paratransit in the winter and are issued from November 1 until March 31 of each year.|
|Visitor||Paratransit is available for people visiting Regina. You must provide a city address as a pick-up location. A visitor's registration does not expire and is valid every time you visit Regina.|
|Conditional||A conditional registration allows people to travel on Paratransit on certain times of the day and under certain conditions. (e.g., after dark)|
Complete the Paratransit Application Form and submit your completed application:
- In person: Regina Paratransit Services 333 Winnipeg Street Regina
- By mail: Regina Paratransit Services PO Box 1790 Regina, SK S4P 3C8
- By fax: 306-949-7211
- By email: Paratransit@regina.ca
Upon receiving your application, Regina Paratransit Service will review your eligibility and will consult with the professionals you listed in your application form. People may also be asked to attend an in person interview. Most applications are approved within two weeks.
Note: You must be registered before you can use Paratransit services.
Book your Trip
Trips are booked on a first-come, first-served basis following a priority and service level basis. You can book your trip up to 7 days in advance.
When determining your pick-up time, remember that:
- There is a 20 minute pick-up time frame (example: if your trip is for 9 a.m., Paratransit will arrive between 8:50 and 9:10 a.m.)
- A one-way ride may take up to 75 minutes to complete, depending on who else may be on the paratransit bus at that time and where everyone is going.
You can book your trip online via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Regina Paratransit Service at 306-777-7007 to book your trip during the hours listed below:
Advance, Charter, Group and Subscription bookings
- Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m
Note: There are no advance booking on statutory holidays.
- Weekdays and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday and statutory holidays from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
You will find it easier to book your trip during the evenings since the telephone lines are quite busy during the day. As well, you can only book one trip per call when the telephone lines are busy.
Fares and Passes
Paratransit fares and passes are consistent with conventional transit. Operators will collect your fare when you board the bus. For a trip to more than one place, you must book separate trips and pay separate fares.
You can purchase your rides or passes from any transit agent, at the Transit Information Centre or you can purchase them over the phone by calling Paratransit at 306-777-7007.
Change or Cancel Your Trip
Change: Call Regina Paratransit Services at 306-777-7007 as soon as possible to allow staff time to reschedule/reroute operators.
Cancel: Leave a message at the Regina Paratransit 24-hour Cancellation Line at 306-777-7007. Provide your name and the date and time of the trip you are cancelling. Please give as much notice as possible when cancelling your trip.
Operators cannot change or cancel the destination or pick-up time of your trip.
General Inquires: 306-777-7726
Regina Paratransit Services
Regina Paratransit Service
Paratransit Hours of Operation:
- Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 11:15 p.m.
- Saturday from 7 to 12a.m.
- Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Statutory holidays from 8 a.m to 7 p.m.